Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby or Toddler Running around before bedtime for more than 1 hour? Listen to this.

To all parents out there, wonder if this experience this. Well, some parents leave their baby in the room and let them sleep alone and fall asleep themselves. Some parents like my husband and I sleep with our precious little one. Though, I think both ways, if your baby starts to walk, they will run about the room, sometimes, it takes an hour before he is tired and finally lays on the bed and fall asleep. Like most mom, I have to wait for him to sleep and then, get up and do my other housework, cleaning, nothing that I look forward for but... :)

Anyway, most nights, we end up sleeping way before he does and once I sleep, I cannot wake up. The next thing I know, it's 6 or 7am whereby it's the next day.

Any one ith the same problem??? Hey, guess what, I told my husband that we cannot do that any more. My chores at home are not done as they should each week. I was thinking hard as to what can I do to make this little guy sleep way faster than he should. So, it strikes me right away... he loves to sleep in his hammock, why not his hammock at night. We can put him in there for 1 hour or so after he sleeps and then, move him up to his crib.


So, that night, with that thoughts, I gave him a kiss, ask his "da da" to give him a kiss as well and I carried him to his hammock. Well, of course, he loves to sleep with his favorite blankie as well as his little pillows that nana made for him before he was born, he has to sleep with them. So, I had to go get it for him after I put him down...


TA DA....... 6 minutes and sound asleep.... if you hear closely, he was even snoring. WOW... at least now I know for sure if I needed to be working late that night, I make sure that I just put him in the hammock. I think it is actually good for him, the reason is because he gets to sleep the additional hour and comfortably.

Check out the video, sorry, it's a ltitle dark, same thing, trying to create a cozy environment for him to sleep.


No comments: